Designed for future leaders who want to change the world
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
You will learn how to prepare and interpret financial and managerial information for a variety of users. You’ll also gain a sound understanding of investment and finance.
Our research-focused academics keep the course up to date with the latest financial, regulatory and accounting requirements and trends.
You could choose to learn more about international banking, or select modules in other areas of business and management such as marketing, human resources management, or project management.
Full time (3+0) in Malaysia OR spend up to two years in the UK (2+1 and 1+2)
Why Study this Course
In year one, you will gain a vital understanding of the theories and techniques of successful management, and work as a team to develop and pitch a presentation.
In year two, you will gain a greater understanding of business essentials such as financial accounting, company law, portfolio theory, and the principles of audit and taxation.
In your final year, you will undertake independent research and produce a dissertation on a related topic of your choice.
Typical Course Content
- Financial Accounting I
- Introduction to Management
- Management Accounting I
- Commercial Law
- Foundation of Business Analytics OR Management Analysis
Plus three optional modules from the list below:
- Foundations of Microeconomics
- Ideas that Shaped the Business World 1: Government and Society
- Ideas that Shaped the Business World 2: Markets and Consumers
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to English Legal System
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Technologies that Shaped the Business World: Digital Age
- Financial Accounting 2
- Financial Management
- Company Law
- Portfolio Theory & Financial Markets
- Management Accounting 2
- Business Research
- Principles of Audit and Taxation
Plus one optional modules from the list below:
- Digital Marketing for Business
- Human Resource Management
- Management Ethics
- Financial Accounting 3
- Management Accounting 3
Plus four optional modules from the list below:
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Financial Analysis Information and Markets
- Advanced Taxation
- Strategic Management
- Knowledge Management
- International Banking
- Futures and Options
- Corporate Governance
- Project Management
University of Southampton degrees are highly valued by employers. Studying with us will equip you with the skills to operate globally.
Most of our graduates go straight into professional roles within the finance and accounting sector. You’ll graduate with the analytical and problem-solving skills needed for a wide range of financial careers.
- Tax specialist
- Management accountant
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Proctor & Gamble
- Times Group
- Development Bank of Singapore
- Bank of China
Apply now to enjoy RM2,500 grant!
Available on a first come, first served basis. Terms & Conditions apply.