Designed for future leaders who want to change the world
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
You will learn how to prepare and interpret financial and managerial information for a variety of users. You’ll also gain a sound understanding of investment and finance.
Our research-focused academics keep the course up to date with the latest financial, regulatory and accounting requirements and trends.
You could choose to learn more about international banking, or select modules in other areas of business and management such as marketing, human resources management, or project management.
Full time in Malaysia
Why Study this Course
In year one, you will gain a vital understanding of the theories and techniques of successful management, and work as a team to develop and pitch a presentation.
In year two, you will gain a greater understanding of business essentials such as financial accounting, company law, portfolio theory, and the principles of audit and taxation.
In your final year, you will undertake independent research and produce a dissertation on a related topic of your choice.
Typical Course Content
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Commercial Law
- Introduction to Economics For Non-Economists
- Financial Accounting 1
- Management Accounting 1
- Foundations of Business Analytics OR Management Analysis
- Company Law
- Financial Accounting 2
- Financial Management
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Principles of Audit and Taxation
- Management Accounting 2
- Portfolio Theory and Financial Markets
Plus one optional modules from the list below:
- Business Analytics Programming II: Algorithmic Thinking
- Digital Marketing for Business
- Human Resource Management
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Management Ethics
- Sustainability Reporting
- Financial Accounting 3
- Management Accounting 3
- Analytical Accounting Case Studies OR Dissertation
Plus four optional modules from the list below:
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Taxation 2
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Analysis, Information and Markets
- Futures and Options
- Information, Organisation and Accountability from a Historical Perspective
- International Banking
- Analytics Implementation Ill: Knowledge Management, Methods and Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Business
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Strategic Management
Fee and Scholarships
We offer up to 100% scholarships. Chat with our education counsellors to understand your options.Learn More
These are our typical offers. We are able to exercise some discretion if you do not meet these requirements. Please contact us for an assessment of your predicted and/or confirmed grades.Learn More
University of Southampton degrees are highly valued by employers. Studying with us will equip you with the skills to operate globally.
Most of our graduates go straight into professional roles within the finance and accounting sector. You’ll graduate with the analytical and problem-solving skills needed for a wide range of financial careers.
- Tax specialist
- Management accountant
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Proctor & Gamble
- Times Group
- Development Bank of Singapore
- Bank of China
Scholarships up to 100% and education grants are available. Terms & Conditions apply.