Use data to make effective business decisions
Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
Business Analytics at Southampton Malaysia allows you to gain the specialist skills needed to help organisations understand their customers.
You will also learn how to use data to make effective business decisions and develop the mathematical skills needed to gain insights from a range of data sources, including the internet and social media.
Full time in Malaysia
Why Study this Course
The course is made up of a combination of modules. Compulsory modules provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts of business and business analytics.
You can choose from a range of optional modules to reflect your personal interests or future career aspirations.
Options may include topics like digital business models, and operations management.
Typical Course Content
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Analytics Implementation I: Spreadsheets and Databases
- Business Analytics Programming I:
- SAS Base Language
- Predictive Analytics I: Regression and combinatorial techniques
- Prescriptive Analytics I: Fundamentals of Management Sciences
- Foundations of Business Analytics OR Management Analysis
- Analytics Implementation II: Visualising Data for Effective Communication
- Business Analytics Programming II: Algorithmic Thinking
- Consulting: Context, Concepts and Practice
- Predictive Analytics II: Business Forecasting
- Prescriptive Analytics II: Simulation Business
- Digital Business Models
- Financial Accounting 2
- Financial Econometrics ,
- Financial Management
- Management Ethics
- Research Methods in The Social Sciences Innovation, Technology and the Environment
- Making Successful Decisions
- Operations Management
- Portfolio Theory and Financial Markets
- Problem Structuring Methods
- Analytics Implementation Ill: Knowledge Management, Methods and Ethics
- Analytics in Action I
- Analytics in Action II
- Prescriptive Analytics Ill: Optimisation
- Final Project
- Applied Regression Analysis
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Technological Innovation
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Business
- Managing High-Growth Businesses
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Strategic Operations Management
University of Southampton degrees are highly valued by employers and studying with us will equip you with the skills to operate globally.
Our Business Analytics degree prepares you for a wide range of career paths in financial sector, retail consultancy and public sector.
- Risk analyst
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Business analyst
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Proctor & Gamble
- Times Group
Scholarships up to 100% and education grants are available. Terms & Conditions apply.