Inspire change within organisations and society
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
On this course, students will learn to think differently about business, and inspire change within organisations and society.
This Business Management degree draws from Economics, History and the Social Sciences.
It offers an interdisciplinary approach you won’t find on similar courses elsewhere and prepares you for a career in a wide range of organisations, including start-ups, large corporates, social enterprises and the not-for-profit sector.
Full time in Malaysia
Why Study this Course
The first year focuses on the analytical techniques, theory and knowledge relevant to a business degree, and starts to develop your business skills.
In year two, core modules will develop your understanding of management and organisational theory and business research. You will be able to choose three optional modules each semester to specialise in subjects of your interest which will enable you to follow your chosen career path.
Your final year also offers a great deal of choice in modules and you will get to design and carry out independent research and produce dissertation.
Typical Course Content
- Ideas that Shaped the Business World 1
- Introduction to Management
- Foundation of Business Analytics
- Management Analysis
- Financial Accounting 1 for Business
- Management Accounting 1
- Ideas that Shaped the Business World 2
- Technologies that Shaped the Business World 2
- Key Skills for Business
- Management and Organisational Theory
- Business Research
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Accounting 2
- Digital Marketing for Business
- Management Ethics
- Operations Management
- Management Accounting 2
- Principles of Audit and Taxation
- Critical Perspective on Organisation and Management
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Knowledge Management
- Financial Accounting 3
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Management Accounting 3
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Risk Management
University of Southampton degrees are highly valued by employers. Studying with us will equip you with the skills to operate globally.
Our Business Management degree prepares you for a wide range of career paths in financial sector, retail consultancy and public sector.
- Business advisor
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Chartered management accountant
- Corporate investment banker
- Data analyst
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Proctor & Gamble
- Times Group
Scholarships up to 100% and education grants are available. Terms & Conditions apply.