Inspire change within organisations and society
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
On this course, students will learn to think differently about business, and inspire change within organisations and society.
This Business Management degree draws from Economics, History and the Social Sciences.
It offers an interdisciplinary approach you won’t find on similar courses elsewhere and prepares you for a career in a wide range of organisations, including start-ups, large corporates, social enterprises and the not-for-profit sector.
Full time in Malaysia
Why Study this Course
The first year focuses on the analytical techniques, theory and knowledge relevant to a business degree, and starts to develop your business skills.
In year two, core modules will develop your understanding of management and organisational theory and business research. You will be able to choose three optional modules each semester to specialise in subjects of your interest which will enable you to follow your chosen career path.
Your final year also offers a great deal of choice in modules and you will get to design and carry out independent research and produce dissertation.
Typical Course Content
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business in Society
- Digital Technologies in Business Foundations of Business Analytics OR Management Analysis
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting, for Business Students
- Ideas that shape the contemporary world - work, change and organisations
- Management Accounting,
- Critical Perspectives on Organisation and Management
- Operations Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Financial Accounting 2
- Human Resource Management
- Consulting: Context, Concepts and Practice
- Innovation, Technology and the Environment
- Making Successful Decisions
- Management Accounting 2 Philosophy of Management and Organisations
- Business Project OR Dissertation
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Business
- Analytics Implementation Ill: Knowledge Management, Methods and Ethics
- Financial Accounting 3
- Information, Organisation and Accountability from a Historical Perspective
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Technological Innovation
- International Business
- Management Accounting 3
- Management of Information Systems
- Managing High-Growth Businesses
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Strategic Operations Management
University of Southampton degrees are highly valued by employers. Studying with us will equip you with the skills to operate globally.
Our Business Management degree prepares you for a wide range of career paths in financial sector, retail consultancy and public sector.
- Business advisor
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Chartered management accountant
- Corporate investment banker
- Data analyst
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Proctor & Gamble
- Times Group
Scholarships up to 100% and education grants are available. Terms & Conditions apply.